Subject: Raster console config problems...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/04/1995 20:40:37
Today I committed changes to the pmax raster-console code that
mean it should compile with the very latest  sys/dev/rcons code.

However, I have no idea when that will be visible via sup or ftp.

The tecent problems Mike Burgett and others reported are partly due
to out-of-date source (the CVS commits have only rarely been getting
out to lamp, due partly to lamp being down) and partly to pk and I
ping-ponging changes to  the rcons source.

I think what's currently there should be stable.

For those who can't get it, dev/rcons now has a files.rcons, which
contains the dependencies for the machine-independent source.  The
config tag for rcons is now "rasterconsole"; the latest files.pmax
uses that name for the rcons pseudo-device (which is what underlies
the console tty).

The font used by "rcons" is now a machine-dependent component,
so files.pmax contains an explicit dependency on arch/pmax/dev/font.c,
as well as on arch/pmax/dev/rcons.c (with the pseudo-device driver
entry points).

I do apologize for all the confusion this has caused.
I trust it will all be resolved by the 1.1 release.

--Jonathan