Subject: Some final kinks in running netbsd
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Yoseff francus <francus@yossi.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/28/1995 09:58:12
When I run Ultrix, my printer is on /dev/tty00 and my modem is one
/dev/tty01. The major number is 45 minor is 2 and 3

This translates on netbsd to tty0 and tty1, major number 17 minor number
2 and 3.

The modem works fine off of tty1, however when I send anything to tty0
the output comes to the bottom left corner of my terminal.

Any ideas out there how to solve this?

Second issue: Under Ultrix I run pppd at 19200, the modem actually kicks
it down to 14400 with compression. Under netbsd, 9600, runs fine, but
when I kick it up to a higher speed I get a message:

/netbsd: scc0,silo overflow

I would like to kick up the speed since 14400 with compression almost
triples the throughput that I get at 9600.

All help appreciated.

yoseff