Subject: Re: conf.c/sd.h/st.h
To: None <dique@ms.mimos.my>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/27/1995 19:41:26
>I got sys sources from ftp.netbsd.org today and tried to build a kernel
>using config (the old one) and GENERIC.pmax.

You should be using config, not config.old.  Config.old doesn't work
anymore; I rewrote the pmax drivers to use new-style
autoconfiguration.  Try a config file based on NEWCONF.  I guess I
should check some more examples in.

>                                              Apparently conf.c tries to
>include sd.h and st.h and they don't seem to exist anywhere. Can anyone
>give me a clue as to where I can find these files? Also, why do we need
>an sd.h - I though we were rz all the way in pmax?

Not forever.  Ralph Campbell's 4.4bsd/pmax rz and tz driver don't
recognize as many drives as the ``machine-independent'' NetBSD scsi
drivers.  Some SCSI-II drives reportedly cause the rz driver to panic.
Plus, they just don't work  properly with FFS clustering enabled.

I'd like to move the pmax port to  using the NetBSD m-i drivers
RSN.  (``This yearish'', for those familiar with X11 release schedules).