Subject: parity bug? Tty line numbers broken?
To: None <pefo@enea.se>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/25/1995 09:25:26
[[Per Fogelstrom  suggests setting the vt200 to 7bits, no parity check]]

Hi,
I tried that already, and also a :np: gettytab entry.
Neither seemeed to make any difference.

I also discovered that the mapping from tty numbers for SCC
DECstations (all but 3100 and 5k/200) aren't mapped to bulkhead
connectors in any sensible way.  I beleive I created mine with

	(cd /dev; /bin/sh MAKEDEV scc0)

but tty0 ends up being the bulkhead connector labelled "3", and I
assume tty1 is the bulkhead connector labelled "2", which *I* think is
a bug.

FWIW, I did notice different behaviour on the same tty when on a
5k/200, with _identical_ /etc/gettytab and /etc/ttys.  The 5k/200
prints about 8 characters worth of junk -- they show up as "k" or "k"
-- after printing "NetBSD" but then everything else looks fine.

The 5k/200 has a much older init and getty (they're still a.out).
I should try updating those and seeing if it breaks in the same way.