Subject: Re: X problem
To: None <francus@yossi.com, port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arne H. Juul <arnej@pvv.unit.no>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/22/1995 16:15:42
 > When I kick up startx I get the message that unable to set path
 > /store/lib/X11/75dpi ......
 >
 > I loaded in fonts and made /store a symbolic link to the right place.

It sounds to me like you didn't get the right plase after all, what
does "ls /store/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi" say? also try:
	cat /store/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/fonts.dir

 > What I currently have is the X11R6.tar client kit plust the Xcfbpmax
 > from ftp.unit.no
 >
 > Any ideas??

You can also start the server with the -fp option to set the font path
manually, if you want to.

The last time I tried to run the X server I got a panic, but I'm going
to try harder tomorrow to get it to run (after all, it used to work
so it can't be impossible :-)   I'll report more afterwards...

  - Arne H. J.