Subject: Re: X11R5/R6 on a CX tc card.
To: Scott J. Kolodzieski <scott@dmi.stevens-tech.edu>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/30/1995 14:18:34
> What is the currently recoomended object format for the pmax port, The
> compiler tar file comes with gcc 2.6.4 that produces ELF, but much stuff
> is also in a.out format. Are we moving toward ELF?

The standard object file format for NetBSD/pmax is currently ELF.   I
don't expect this to change.   NetBSD-style and 4.4BSD-style a.out is
still supported for loading, and all NetBSD kernels are translated to
a.out format after being built so that programs like ps(1) can read
the symbol table.   We also have the capability to generate ECOFF
files for network booting.   But as far as normal executables go, ELF
is it.

			       _MelloN_