Subject: Re: A wack question
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ed Jones <ejones@sdl.psych.wright.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/26/1995 19:48:07

> ejones@sdl.psych.wright.edu (Ed Jones)  wrote:
>  > Ultrix. I _would_ like to see a nice, fast com driver, however, that
>  > would allow me to get past 38400 bps on my serial ports. Now, I do see
>
> Taking a quick glance at the source, I see that it only goes up to 38400
> as well... 38400 is probably a limitation of the UART and neither NetBSD
> nor Ultrix will be able to do anything about hardware limitations.
>
> I should probably defer to the real pmaxhead's though... I'm just a
> drive-by-replyer in this group. :-)

Thanks for the info on that, tho I thought I heard that the hardware
would support high serial speeds but the com drivers in the Ultrix code
were lame. But, I'm pretty certain I dont know what I'm talkin about. :)
* Ed Jones --  ????????????           |     ejones@sdl.psych.wright.edu    *
* Signal Detection Lab                |     ejones@desire.wright.edu       *
* Department of Psychology            |     ejones@wsu  (Bitnet)           *
* Ed Jones -- Graduate Student        | This is your world in which we     *
* Department of Economics	      |	grow, and we will grow to hate you *
* Wright State University             |                                    *