Subject: A wack question
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ed Jones <ejones@sdl.psych.wright.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/26/1995 18:36:16
I've been reading this list for quite a while now and I'm excited about
the prospects of installing NetBSD on my 5000/125, though I'm not sure
why. There is of course the obvious 'coolness' :D factor in havin
something besides Ultrix runnin on it, but what would someone gain by
installing NetBSD instead? I should explain the type of someone I mean.
I'm not much of a programmer, only build kernels when a new driver
demands it. Any software that I have wanted to install I could do under
Ultrix. I _would_ like to see a nice, fast com driver, however, that
would allow me to get past 38400 bps on my serial ports. Now, I do see
the advantage of not havin to pay license fees, etc., but would someone
be so nice to tell me why the average joe would/should switch to NetBSD?
I realize the port is rough right now, but assume we are talkin about
something stable. Thanks for any clues you can provide :)
* Ed Jones --  ????????????           |     ejones@sdl.psych.wright.edu    *
* Signal Detection Lab                |     ejones@desire.wright.edu       *
* Department of Psychology            |     ejones@wsu  (Bitnet)           *
* Ed Jones -- Graduate Student        | This is your world in which we     *
* Department of Economics	      |	grow, and we will grow to hate you *
* Wright State University             |                                    *