Subject: Re: lk201 vs lk401
To: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
From: Helge MEINHARD, Chorus, CERN-ECP <meinhard@afsmail.cern.ch>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/26/1995 10:05:59
Sorry for the empty message earlier. The machine I used seems to have
sendmail broken...

Helge

> > >This occurs because the LK201 generates "left shift" for both shift keys
> > >and since the "real pmax" uses an LK201... (Sorry, but I don't know the
> > >easy way to fix it.)
> >
> > Hack the state machine that maps LK201 events to grok the LK401 keycodes??
>
> A LK401 comes up in LK201 mode upon powerup and needs to be kicked to
> become a LK401 (that's true for any LK201 compatible keyboard).  So the
> easy approach is to find out what is turning it into a LK401 and prevent
> that code from running if possible.
May be I was not explicit enough... The problem does not show up in
console mode, it is only when running the X server that Right-Shift on
the LK401 does not produce shift. Hence I think the way Xcfbpmax thinks
of its keyboard needs to be changed...

Helge