Subject: Re: lk201 vs lk401
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/25/1995 18:09:43

> >This occurs because the LK201 generates "left shift" for both shift keys
> >and since the "real pmax" uses an LK201... (Sorry, but I don't know the
> >easy way to fix it.)
>
> Hack the state machine that maps LK201 events to grok the LK401 keycodes??

A LK401 comes up in LK201 mode upon powerup and needs to be kicked to
become a LK401 (that's true for any LK201 compatible keyboard).  So the
easy approach is to find out what is turning it into a LK401 and prevent
that code from running if possible.

Matt Thomas               Internet:   matt@lkg.dec.com
3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    <currently homeless>
Westford, MA              Disclaimer: Digital disavows all knowledge
                                      of this message