Subject: Current pmax code.
To: Per Fogelstrom <pefo@enea.se>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/25/1995 14:44:16
>Yesterday i upgraded the Mips R4400 port to curent sources (from 1.0 beta)
>and ran into a few minor problems.

>        tz code does not link without adding tzread and tzwrite. Hve
>        the driver not been updated or am i missing something?

I updated it on July 11 or 12. There may be a problem in pushing the
source from the CVS server to sun-lamp.  How recently did you check?

>        config, whats the current status? I haven't really looked
>        closely at it but i belive someone started to work on
>        using the new config (which seems to be the standard one now).

Someone who knows how needs a week to redo the pmax kernel source
to use new config.  So far, no suitable candidates have time.

>        probing in rz and tz uses buffers on the kernel stack to read
>        inquire info. I (IMHO) dislike that scheeme. It breaks direct

I've punted on things like this.  Using new-style config is a better
investment  of resources.

>        What is happening with the pmax port in the near future?

Not much, I suspect, other than bugfixes.  I'd like to see r4400
support sometime, tho'.

>Actually i'm running in multiuser mode on 'current' right now as i'm
>typing this mail. So far it works really nice.

Congratulations!!