Subject: Current pmax code.
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Per Fogelstrom <pefo@enea.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/25/1995 23:22:03
Hi!

Yesterday i upgraded the Mips R4400 port to curent sources (from 1.0 beta)
and ran into a few minor problems.

	tz code does not link without adding tzread and tzwrite. Hve
	the driver not been updated or am i missing something?

	config, whats the current status? I haven't really looked
	closely at it but i belive someone started to work on
	using the new config (which seems to be the standard one now).

	probing in rz and tz uses buffers on the kernel stack to read
	inquire info. I (IMHO) dislike that scheeme. It breaks direct
	dma since the upage area is mapped behind the back of the
	normal kernal map. And the dma cannot convert viritual
	addresses to physical in a clean way (pmap_extract). Iv'e
	fixed it but it would be nice to have it in the original.

	What is happening with the pmax port in the near future?
	It would be nice to know whats happening, so i can update
	things that affect the R4400 code. I would really like to
	add the code to the source tree when it is "ready".

Actually i'm running in multiuser mode on 'current' right now as i'm
typing this mail. So far it works really nice.

Per