Subject: Re: DS 5000/120: Unable to mount partitions
To: Helge MEINHARD, Chorus, CERN-ECP <meinhard@afsmail.cern.ch>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/10/1995 11:56:33
Try creating the 'b' partition with an offset of 16 blocks from the
beginning of the disk.   That's probably why you're losing.   You may
have blown away the disk label while newfsing, in which case you'll
have to start over.   :'(

> and I can't seem to see any of the files. Needless to say that disklabel
> reports some default values which do not reflect the real partitioning of
> the disk.

I thought the Ultrix disklabel code was already enabled, but maybe not
in the February snapshot that Jonathan did.  :'( You may be able to
win by doing a mount -r.  NetBSD doesn't entirely like mounting Ultrix
partitions, and I seem to recall having similar trouble last time I
mounted one read/write.

			       _MelloN_