Subject: Re: DS2100/install
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leslie Todd Masco <cactus@hks.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/06/1995 15:56:41
In article <Pine.ULT.3.91.950706120613.26889A-100000@dingo.cc.uq.oz.au>,
James Lever <James.Lever@mailbox.uq.oz.au> wrote:
>I've managed to find an old 80mb seagate drive - this'll have to do. Is
>it big enough??

Sure, that's fine.  The miniroot is quite small and since swapping
doesn't work yet, you don't need a large b partition.  You'll only need
it for an hour or so, so you don't need to install it if you've got
a power supply lying around.

>> 	- using the ultrix disklabel, partition the disk for the miniroot
>> 	   and install the miniroot with dd.  You'll need the bootblocks
>> 	   to be in your /usr/mdec on the ultrix partition.
>
>which bootblocks from where? /usr/src/??? or what? (or do I need to rip
>this out of the base binary kit?

Urk, I wish I could remember where I got them from.   From the qame
place as the miniroot, I think... they're rzboot bootrz.
--
Todd Masco     | "'When _I_ use a word,' Humpty-Dumpty said, in a rather
cactus@hks.net |  scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean -