Subject: Re: DS2100/install
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/04/1995 21:02:44
>Either Jonathon or Ted was working on an install procedure using
>an artificially high starting point for the 'a' partition, but I'd
>be very uncomfortable throwing a new label on to a disk I was booting
>off of.

I was, at one point.

I gave up when I couldn't get booting off a root-in-b-partition
partition (i.e., putting a miniroot on a `b' partition and doing
booting off ``rz0*'', as one could on, say, a Vax.)

I forget if the problems were

	(a) booting of 'rz0*'  caused NetBSD to panic.
	(b) if the 2100/3100 PROM refuses to boot off anything but
	    an a partition, or
        (c) both of the above.

As best I recall, it was (c).  (kernel coredumps and swapping
on NetBSD/pmax have never worked for me...)