Subject: Re: Cannot boot genbsd
To: James MacKinnon <jmack@Phys.UAlberta.Ca>
From: Martin Brennfleck <brma@krisal.physik.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/03/1995 14:43:14

On Wed, 28 Jun 1995, James MacKinnon wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Here's 16 blocks off a 2100 running NetBSD. It should also boot a 3100.
> The details of the disklabel and how the block was created are as
> follows:
>
> Good luck! (let me know if it works)

Hello James

Well, it worked. But only with the old kernels, I already was able to boot.
The genbsd from ftp.fugue.com did not boot with those bootblocks, so it
does not solve my problem.

(Now for eveybody : Hello all)

I want to run X on my 2100, so I need a kernel, where the /dev/pm works.
Now I've decided to compile it on my own, but it seems, that the sources
in the NetBSD-current mirrors do not work an I can not find a README or
something like that for the compilation. I have lots of problems. Do you
have any ideas, where I can get hints for compiling the kernel, new
sources, ...?

Thank you

Martin

*** Martin Brennfleck   brma@krisal.physik.uni-karlsruhe.de ***