Subject: Re: 5000/120s
To: Leslie Todd Masco <cactus@hks.net>
From: James MacKinnon <jmack@Phys.UAlberta.Ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/06/1995 23:08:08
On Tue, 6 Jun 1995, Leslie Todd Masco wrote:

> Two days ago, I wrote:
>
> [Booting from a kernel known to work on some 5000s]... it finds
> the kernel, loads it, prints the copyright message, and then crashes with
> the message:
>
>         "panic: kernel wired"

> I've gone back and read through the last couple of months of the mailing
> list (nntp:nntp.hks.net, hks.lists.netbsd.port-pmax), and it appears that
> there is a newer bootblock...  Can someone send me either pointers to it or
> the blocks themselves?  Thanks very much...

Aren't they in current as:

13 [11:03pm dene]:/sys/arch/pmax/stand>ls
Makefile        conf.c          dec_exec.h      dec_prom.h      mkboot.c
rz.c            boot.c          dec_boot.h      dec_label.c     libsa
mkboottape.c    start.S

rzboot and bootrz are made in this directory. To test it out, make
backups of /usr/mdec files, build the ones above, and move them into
/usr/mdec. Then run disklabel to install.

Cheers,
--
James S. MacKinnon           Office: P-139 Avahd-Bhatia Physics Lab
Department of Physics        Voice : (403) 492-8226