Subject: Support for PMAG-CA
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bjarne Steinsbo <bjarne@hsr.no>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/19/1995 14:47:41
I've spent the last couple of days installing NetBSD on a 5000/200.
We received three of these for free from a nearby company.  I don't
have any documentation at all :-(  And yes, the system is now running
multi-user, and I have already compiled new kernels and libraries.
Good work, somebody!

The machines are equipped with accelerated 2d frame buffers, the
PMAG-CA board.  This is not supported as console in NetBSD, something
which makes for an interesting project...

Is anybody working on adding support for the "ga" device as console?

If not, does anybody know where I can get (not costing an arm and a
a leg, and without waiting forever) some documentation for this
board?

Bjarne Steinsbø
Stavanger College