Subject: cross compilation, part II
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arne Henrik Juul <arnej@phys.unit.no>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/10/1995 23:03:26
I am pleased to report that lots of things 'just work' after
cross-compilation.  I've tried to compile a kernel also, and it seems to
be OK in elf format, but elf2aout munges it (section sizes are all wrong).
Ted, could yuo please send me the sources to elf2aout?  Also if you have
any patches to binutils I would like to see them very much.

One minor annoyance: install expects 'strip' to do update-in-place.
GNU strip doesn't do this, so the net effect is that the file is
correctly installed/stripped but with wrong permissions and owner/group.
I'll probably just make a shell script wrapper for strip for now.

An unrelated problem: Some times inetd will (seemingly) stop working.
The console works fine (running a make, probably) but telnet/ftp etc
will get 'Connected to' etc but nothing more. Anyone else see this?

Yours,
  -  Arne H. J.