Subject: Re: Summary of src/lib make
To: James MacKinnon <jmack@Phys.UAlberta.Ca>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/02/1995 09:14:17
> I saw this earlier (when I only had 8 MB of ram. I assume that bdf stands
> for something like 'block file descriptor' - probably a VM issue. You
> could re-boot to re-gain memory lost through a leak (perhaps increasing
> kern.maxvnodes with sysctl may help too).

Actually, it stands for Binary File Description (format), or Big
F--ing Deal, depending on what mood Gumby's in when you ask him.
It's part of the GNU toolchain, and the message is just to say that
something that a the author thought would be true wasn't.   The ELF
toolchain is pretty young, particularly on the MIPS, which probably
explains the problem.

			       _MelloN_