Subject: Summary of src/lib make
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leslie Todd Masco <cactus@hks.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/02/1995 04:04:17
Okay, a synopsis of problems while compiling lib.  (Should I generate diffs
for these or just assume that the right people will take care of them?)

        - in csu/mips:

                - Makefile gcrt0.o line doesn't actually make gcrt0.o,
                        ${CC} line needs "-o gcrt0.o"

        - in libc/arch/mips/sys

                - sbrk.S and brk.S both need the #include "SYS.h" line
                        moved to below the CVS declaration string.

        - Throughout libc:

                - "bfd assertion fail elfcode.h:6442"  Huh?  Couldn't
                  find an elfcode.h anywhere.  Though this appears on
                  many compilations, it doesn't seem to affect the
                  compile overall.  What is this?

Other than that, a complete build of src/lib went flawlessly (where it
hadn't been a week or so ago)!   A build
of bin,sbin,usr.sbin,and usr.bin worked before I compiled the new libraries,
too.

If I wanted to put together an up-to-date binary distribution, how
would I do it (IE, is there a "make binary" somewhere) and where
would I ftp it to?

By the way, all of the libraries and all of the binaries built for me
without a single crash.  I'm very impressed (not to mention very
happy).  If you've got a pmax and you're seeing occasional panics,
trying changing doclusterreads and doclusterwrites to 0 (from 1)
in ufs/ffs/ffs_vnops.c and your problems should clear up.

	-- Todd