Subject: Re: Disk problem with Seagate ST11200N
To: Robert Olsson <Robert.Olsson@data.slu.se>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/01/1995 09:54:31
I've had some problems with one of my RZ25s on my 5000/25, but haven't
had time to look into it.   In my case, it would find the disk on the
SCSI chain and I could format it and install to it, but I couldn't
boot it - after coming up, the system would just hang trying to load
init off the disk.

So I suspect that there are still some kinks that need working out in
the SCSI code.   For now, I can't offer you much comfort - that's not
my next priority for hacking.   We may be grafting the
machine-independent portions of the i386 SCSI support in to the pmax
port in the not-too-terribly-distant future, which could clear up some
problems.   Meanwhile, I don't know what to suggest.   Sigh.

			       _MelloN_