Subject: Yesterday's sup
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leslie Todd Masco <cactus@hks.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/30/1995 16:13:39
One step forward, two steps back...

I grabbed a brand new sup last night and now config doesn't seem to
want to work.  Even after copying devices.pmax.oldconf to devices.pmax
and files.pmax.oldconf to files.pmax, config now tells me that it can
not proceed without a maxpartitions specifier (files.pmax:2).
(This is, by the way, after building a new config binary after the
 previous one had an even harder time of it)

Taking a look on config/gram.{c.y} -- yep, it wants a maxpartitions
specifier.  Grepping in conf/ for maxpartitions, I see it in
files.pmax.newconf.  So, cp files.pmax.newconf to files.pmax.  Now,
config gives me syntax errors on the kernel file.

What's going on here?  Are we in the middle of some reworking of
the configuration code, and if so... how do I get a recent
sup to yield a kernel?  Is there another channel other than this
list through which the development is coordinated?

Thanks,

	-- Todd