Subject: Re: Question on MIPS NetBSD for R4000
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
From: Per Fogelstrom <pefo@enea.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/24/1995 22:44:42

> I think there's one other person who's further along than Per said he
> was, but he apparently is no longer reading this list.   Per, if
> you're still out there, can you give us a status report?
>
> Thanks!

Hi! I'm still here. Sorry to have to say it but progress has been poor
the last few months. One has to earn some monney for living too :)

But i'm starting to work on now. I think that with a usable miniroot
(i have a real old one) and some hacking with the SCSI driver it will
be up and running very soon now. My problem is that i can't create a
new miniroot since my current system (R3081) is big endian and my
R4400 is little so i hope the miniroot i have will work. I could
of course try doing it the same way as with the 3081 system but
it was to time consuming.

If anyone has some other ideas, feel free to contribute.

Per