Subject: Re: Question on MIPS NetBSD
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/24/1995 08:48:32
: NetBSD probably won't boot on those machines, but it would be
: interesting to put in some effort to get it to do so.   Basically
: anything with an R4400 in it isn't going to work without some hacking.

I was afraid that this was likely the case....

: There's a guy off in Europe somewhere (I could track down his mail)
: who's been working on a R4000 port that he apparently has working.
: Maybe you could work together to get something to boot.

Yes.  Please do so.  If nothing else, I'll be no worse off than I am
right now.

Warner