Subject: Re: pmax and R4000 ports
To: Victor Gold <victor@peritek.com>
From: Per Fogelstrom <pefo@enea.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/09/1995 08:22:24

> Dear Mr. Mellon,
>
> I was given your name by Adam Glass, who indicated you had taken over the
> pmax port. I will direct my questions to you:
>
> I read in the pmax documentation that you had worked on this port.
>
> Have you done any work towards getting the code to boot natively?
>
> Does it now work on R4000 type machines?
>
> What would it take to do this?
>
> Do you have any arms that can be twisted or any billable time during which
> something like that could be done (specifically, port to an R4600 board made
> by RISQ/Heurikon).

Excuse me for breaking in here. As a matter of fact a R4000 port is worked on.
I'm working on it and have not heard (have been asking) anyone else doing it.
The port is targeted against Acer Labs Pica61 board. Current status is that
the kernel boots, mapping is working, console driver is working. Next is to
make the SCSI driver working and get the miniroot into memory. I'm doing this
on 'spare time' basis so progress is not so good as one would like but i
expect to need some 4-5 weeks more until i have a shell prompt. Porting to
other systems is more or less a matter of getting drivers to work.

Per