Subject: Re: Valentine's Day kernel, bootblock snapshot
To: Adam Glass <adamg@microsoft.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/23/1995 12:54:09
The bootblocks that we know don't boot are either old bootblocks on
new Turbochannel machines (the old bootblocks worked on the 5000/200,
but not on other machines) or my new bootblocks, which don't work on
DECstation 3100s or 2100s, but should work on all TurboChannel
machines.   Jonathan has some boot blocks which should work on all
machines, and I have the changes to integrate.

Andrew's problem may have to do with boot blocks, or it may have to do
with something else in his configuration.   Since I haven't yet built
boot blocks with Jonathan's changes, I haven't been able to try to
reproduce Andrew's problem yet.

			       _MelloN_
--
Ted Lemon							 mellon@vix.com