Subject: Valentine's Day kernel, bootblock snapshot
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/14/1995 22:26:15
I've just rebuilt a  kernel from a snapshot of my own source tree,
which isn't quite the same as -current.

The kernel and bootblocks are in
Gregorio.Stanford.EDU:/pub/NetBSD/pmax/valentine-snapshot.
The kernel itself is built using the same configuration as the
miniroot on Gregorio.  The bootblocks work for me on a 5k/200,
5k/240, 5k/25, and worked recently on a 3100.

This kernel may not work for everyone; but it contains a number
of changes to interrupt and enable code. I'd appreciate it
if net-connected people could take the time to fetch the
kernel and bootblocks, try it on their machine, and let me
know if it boots or not (and on what type of machine).

That would really  help me (and I presume Ted Lemon) get
a bunch of changes that I think are appropriate committed
in the -current tree.

thanks
--Jonathan