Subject: Why is 5k/240 support still #ifdef'ed?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/14/1995 00:20:10
jfch@jfch.vc.cvut.cz writes:
>Booting 5000/240 from Jonathan's miniroot
>gregorio.Stanford.edu:/pub/NetBSD/pmax/miniroot
>I got a message:
>
>kernel not configured for systype 0x82040230
>
>Can anybody help me? Have anybody a solution?

The message above reminded me the 5k/240 support has been `tested'
insofar as someone's tried it and it hasn't catastrophically
failed. Can the #ifdef DS5000_240/#endif brackets be taken out of the
pmax [sic] kernel source?

Or is there some reason not to -- perhaps some desire to support
#ifdef'ing out support for particular models, to reduce kernel size?
If so, shouldn't we apply that to _all_ DECstation types -- pmax,
3max, 3min, xine, 3max+ -- not just the 3max+?

[[Anyone want to contribute an r4400 daughter card (hint, hint)
  so I can add support for that?]]