Subject: Re: DS3100 serial ports
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: The Dragon De Monsyne <dragondm@netcom.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/12/1995 21:06:13

-----8<-------

> Of course this would require more person-hours than it's worth;
> buying a cheap x86 should be a better solution. Or even
> an 8-serial-ports-on-a-scsi-bus device, if you can get the interface
> spec (they tend to be proprietary and non-disclosure) to write
> a NetBSD driver.
	If anyone is interested, I got two of these scsi serial boxes
doing nothing on my sparcstation rigt now (they have 4 serial, 1 parallel
on each box) I bought the machine (the sparc) from the former owner of
the company that made the boxes (Uninet). He also wrote the interface
software for the things on the misc. machines they run on (which include
alphas and DS's) As his company is out of business now, I doubt he is
afraid of revealing trade secrets, and I can supply you with a email
adddress to reach him.

  /~~   -The Dragon De Monsyne                   /  The Integration     ~~\
/       dragondm@netcom.com                     |    /     /     \          \
\       Ph(815) 385-6166 | (815)344-0771      __|___/_____/______/          /
 \      The Integration Project                 |        /                 /
  \ __  Public Internet For The Future         /        /  Project      __/