Subject: Re: Bootstrapping NETBSD to a Vaxstation 3100 ("diskless")
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/04/1995 10:40:01
Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>  wrote:
 > Hm.   I'm not sure what a VAXstation 3100 is.   I have a vague
 > recollection that one of the groups back east put out a VAX in a form
 > factor just like the DECstation 3100, and that might have been called
 > a VAXstation 3100.   I'm not sure what kind of chips were present on
 > the motherboard, though.

Yes, a VAXstation 3100 is a VAX that looks somewhat like my DECstation
3100 but runs slower (with VMS 5.4 and Decwindows)... It's an actual
VAX so doesn't use the the R2000 (or Ranything for that matter)...

(I'm waiting for the vax port to run on the VS3100 so I can take home
yet another NetBSD machine. :) )