Subject: NFS w.r.t. Ultrix problem
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/30/1995 18:36:49
Hmm...

   Actually the NFS problems are with ULTRIX, OSF is fine.

Although I don't think the 4.4BSD-Lite code was busted w.r.t. this I do know
that Ultrix NFS clients expect the null rpc (rpc #0) to work, whereas many other
clients (including mine:-) never try to do a null RPC. (It also follows a
somewhat different code path through the server, so it is possible to break
it when other RPCs work. I know because I had it broken recently during my
V3 development. (BTW If Charles threw the snapshot into the kernel you have
then I know the null rpc is busted:-)

Good luck with it, rick