Subject: Re: Initial thoughts on NetBSD-pmax
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
From: Stephen Carpenter <sac@uvo.dec.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/30/1995 16:29:31
>> - Connecting from my DEC OSF/1 systems gives a "arptnew failed"
>> message on the console.
>
>The OSF/1 console or the NetBSD console?

On the NetBSD console.

>> - Mounting NFS filesystems hangs the machine.
>
>This is bad.   I have been operating with one machine at home and
>hadn't had a chance to try that yet.   I wonder if this is a NetBSD
>vs. OSF/1 interoperability problem or complete lossage...

Actually the NFS problems are with ULTRIX, OSF is fine.

Stephen.

  //  Stephen Carpenter               "One inode short of a file system"   \\
 \\   UNIX Guru                                 sac@uvo.dec.com             //
  \\  Digital Equipment Corporation                                        //