Subject: Re: Initial thoughts on NetBSD-pmax
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ted Spradley <tsprad@metronet.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/27/1995 21:10:05

> Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>  wrote:
>  > > - Mounting NFS filesystems hangs the machine.
>  >
>  > This is bad.   I have been operating with one machine at home and
>  > hadn't had a chance to try that yet.   I wonder if this is a NetBSD
>  > vs. OSF/1 interoperability problem or complete lossage...
>
> fwiw, I have 3 NetBSD machines at home (i386, hp380, and a ds3100)
> where the hp380 contains my /usr/src and /home... I haven't experienced
> any hangs on the ds3100 (or any of the others for that matter).

I've never had any trouble mounting file systems from my Aviion,
starting with Jonathan Stone's first binaries back in October.

I don't think I've ever tried it with NetBSD as server and Aviion as
client....

--
Ted Spradley   tsprad@metronet.com      Usual disclaimers apply.
Information tends to drive out knowledge.  [...] many people cannot