Subject: Initial thoughts on NetBSD-pmax
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Carpenter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/27/1995 18:15:43
Since the port is still "preliminary pre-alpha" I'm very impressed. My system
boots to multiuser and is quite usable.
Bugs I have found so far (and haven't had the time to look into) are:
- Connecting from my DEC OSF/1 systems gives a "arptnew failed" message on the
- Mounting NFS filesystems hangs the machine.
- getty seems to use some unknown parity setting for the login banner (at least
it's nothing by VT320 and decode).
- Writing to by floppy drive (rx23) gives a "Read-only file system" error.
- dmesg doesn't work (can't read the message buffer _msgbufp).
Stephen. (Speaking for myself as a UNIX nut and not in any capacity as a Digital
// Stephen Carpenter "One inode short of a file system" \\
\\ UNIX Guru email@example.com //
\\ Digital Equipment Corporation //