Subject: Initial thoughts on NetBSD-pmax
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Carpenter <sac@uvo.dec.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/27/1995 18:15:43
  Since the port is still "preliminary pre-alpha" I'm very impressed. My system
boots to multiuser and is quite usable.

Bugs I have found so far (and haven't had the time to look into) are:

- Connecting from my DEC OSF/1 systems gives a "arptnew failed" message on the
  console.

- Mounting NFS filesystems hangs the machine.

- getty seems to use some unknown parity setting for the login banner (at least
  it's nothing by VT320 and decode).

- Writing to by floppy drive (rx23) gives a "Read-only file system" error.

- dmesg doesn't work (can't read the message buffer _msgbufp).

Stephen. (Speaking for myself as a UNIX nut and not in any capacity as a Digital
          spokesperson)

  //  Stephen Carpenter               "One inode short of a file system"   \\
 \\   UNIX Guru                                sac@uvo.dec.com              //
  \\  Digital Equipment Corporation                                        //