Subject: Re: Kernel build problems
To: Francis Dupont <Francis.Dupont@inria.fr>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/23/1995 10:59:49
Sigh.   I thought somebody had already  checked in the fix to cnopen,
but I should have double-checked.   It's in now.

elf2aout isn't required if you are using Jonathan's toolchain.   You
can just cdelete the mv and elf2out lines from the makefile and you
should be able to build.

I've uploaded a complete distribution of elf binaries to sun-lamp, and
we're now waiting on somebody with root access to put them in ~ftp or
make a directory there in which I can put them.  However, in order to
use them you will need a kernel built with the latest sources - the
distribution I've uploaded doesn't currently include one.

There's a bug in the current pmax kernel that prevents ktrace from
working.   I haven't looked at it yet, but it shouldn't be too
difficult to fix, since ktrace was working before.

BTW, the latest distribution doesn't yet contain a working gdb, but I
have one that mostly works at home, and I'll be sending it out pretty
soon.  I also have perl working and emacs almost working (I'm
currently rewriting unexec for elf - sigh).

			       _MelloN_
--
Ted Lemon							 mellon@vix.com
+1 415 477 5045

Fight to preserve your freedom to program: Join the League for
Programming Freedom!   For info, contact lpf@uunet.uu.net.