Subject: Kernel build problems
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Carpenter <sac@uvo.dec.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/23/1995 11:14:59
  I'm having problems building a kernel using the sys.tar.gz file dated 21-jan.

In cons.c the copen function contains the line

        return ((*cdevsw[major(dev)].d_open)(dev, flag, mode, p, fp));

but this conflicts with the definition in conf.c of

  #define dev_type_open(n)        int n __P((dev_t, int, int, struct proc *))

I have removed the fp variable form the function in the hope that it is superfluous.

Also the references to callv->getchar & callv->printf should be changed to
callv->_getchar & callv->_printf.

Stephen.
  //  Stephen Carpenter               "One inode short of a file system"   \\
 \\   UNIX Guru                                sac@uvo.dec.com              //
  \\  Digital Equipment Corporation                                        //