Subject: NetBSD-pmax status
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/03/1995 16:53:30
Herb Peyerl writes:
> I'm rebuilding with 'rz 21' and if that makes it happier, I'll just
> commit that change.  (barring any objections from Ted. :-) )

Nope.   Go ahead.

Sorry if I've been a bit quiet lately - I have been working feverishly
to take changes from Jonathan and from myself and produce an initial
distribution.   I'm pretty close - everything builds - but there are
still a few nagging problems, which is why I didn't announce it
yesterday.   Sigh.   Nothing very difficult, but it needs to be fixed,
nonetheless.

Jonathan mentioned a problem with awk and floating point numbers.
There's definitely a bug in scanf, which could be the cause of his
problems.   This is exhibited even with the latest toolchain.   It's
eminently repeatable, though, so we can undoubtedly fix it in short
order.

Anyway, I'd like to get a sense of what people are doing out there
now.   If you're currently running NetBSD on the pmax, could you let
me know what kind of hardware you have, what tools you're using to
build the kernel, and how you're currently booting?   I'm particularly
interested to know if anybody's got working NetBSD a.out bootblocks on
the DECstation 2100/3100 machines.

Thanks!

			       _MelloN_
--
Ted Lemon							 mellon@vix.com
+1 415 477 5045

Fight to preserve your freedom to program: Join the League for
Programming Freedom!   For info, contact lpf@uunet.uu.net.