Subject: Re: Eliminating underscores from assemby code
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG, marc@synergy.Destek.Net>
From: Marc Evans <marc@Destek.Net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/29/1994 17:08:38
> Just compile the assembly code with NO_UNDERSCORES defined using
> Ultrix as, and _C_LABEL() should ``do the right thing'' for
> compiling with the MipsCo toolset shipped with Ultrix.  If it doesn't,
> then _C_LABEL() needs to be applied in more places.  Just be sure to
> use an ECOFF toolset, or the a.out toolset, consistently, define
> NO_UNDERSCORES approppriately, and everything __should__ be fine.

The above suggestion does the trick. Thanks.

> Adam Glass' instructons in the BUILD file are grossly out of date;
> they date back to before I'd hacked on the pmax port to get it
> bootstrapped, and submitted a slew changes to the previous port
> maintainer.

It actually doesn't appear to be all that inaccurate. Some minor changes could
help, but in general it provides the basic road-map.

- Marc
Marc Evans                            WB1GRH      The Destek Group, Ltd.
E-Mail: Marc@Destek.NET                           21 Hinds Lane, Suite 23L
PGP-2.6 key available upon request                +1 603 635 3857 (voice/fax)
MIME-1.0 & Enriched-Text mail accepted            Internet Access & Services
       The XFree86[tm] Project, Inc. Industry Liason <Marc@XFree86.Org>