Subject: adieu
To: None <dean@fsa.ca, port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/13/1994 14:31:08
Theo tells me to GO AWAY and that he will lean even more negatively
on my ``shit patches'' toward you.  Okay, I'm gone.

The FTP directory for pmax netbsd on Gregorio is gone, too.
As I've said in e-mail elswhere, I simply do not wish to have
my name associated with the NetBSD core team or people who behave
as Theo has.    You won't be seeing any more patches from  me.

If Theo is really behaving this way due to some external stress, he
might be better off seeking professional help, than treating people on
the Net as punching-bags.  In my case, in this once instance, I lost
my patience and (in retrospect) after receiving the message I quoted
to you, I told Theo what I really thought of him--whilst refusing
to sink into the gutter, in turn.

Perhaps that wasn't wise and will only make Theo's situation worse.
Oh well.

In any case, I think this has gone beyond ``smoothing things over''
with the Core Team.  Either he goes, or I go. For now, I'm gone.

Till I hear differently,
--Jonathan

PS: Oh yeah.  The documentation  I have on the 3max+ ASIC confirms
what I suggested...