Subject: Re: got a kernel, now what?
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@ipd.wellsfargo.com>
From: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@isds.Duke.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/13/1994 10:42:18
Ted Lemon writes:

 > For this reason, the alternate choice of bootstrapping and installing
 > over the net seems more desirable and supportable, particularly since
 > I think it's about the same level of hassle for the installer.

Booting off the net sounds like a wonderful idea.  It would certainly
make installation & testing much easier.  Is it possible to make DEC
stations speak something other than mop?  Or, does anybody understand
enough about how mop works to make a netbsd kernel boot diskless?

Or am I just confused & it would be trivial to use something standard
like rarpd/tftp/bootparamd?

Drew