Subject: Bug in gregorio.stanford.edu:/pub/NetBSD/pmxabase.tar.gz
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/11/1994 21:04:01
The contents of /var in the above distribution are bogus.

I thoughtlessly made this from my `live' NetBSD machine, on which I'd
usurped the /var/ partition for making miniroots.  I moved the
contents of /var to a directory in /usr, and symlink'ed var to that.
Whene creating base.tar.gz, the symlinks got written out to the
tarfile.

The contents is still mostly *reasonable*, but if anyone gets this,
they'll have to undo the ugly hack I did with /var.  If it'd be
useful, I'll try and find time to clean this up and make another
``release'' later in the week.  I need to hear how useful it'd be,
first. :)

--Jonathan