Subject: native kernel.
To: None <port-pmax@pain.lcs.mit.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/09/1994 18:11:57
Well, I just got home (yes Micheal, I went to the restroom first), and tried
Charles' little hacks in machdep.c and trap.c.

The kernel then linked of course and then I tried to boot it:

-471 auto: rz(0,2,0)/netbsd ...
Boot: rz(0,2,0)/netbsd
Size: 730752+74736+72392
Starting at 0x80030000

Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
        The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.

NetBSD 1.0A (CYST) #12: Wed Nov 15 17:58:24 GMT 1995
    hpeyerl@cyst.corp.novatel.ca:/usr/src/sys/arch/pmax/compile/CYST
real mem = 16777216
avail mem = 13574144
using 409 buffers containing 1675264 bytes of memory

At this point it just sits there deeply pondering whether to gratify my
whole day by continuing or just hanging.  I think it chose the latter.

Given that the machine is at work and I'm connected to the serial console
now with kermit, I dare say there's a lot I can do with it at this point.

I wonder if it decided to switch to the glass console instead of the
serial console? hmm.

Anyhow; maybe tomorrow I'll get a security guard to go down and kick the
thing for me. For now, I'm going out for a beer or nine.

H.