Subject: How is your kernel
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Pasi Pirhonen <UPI@latkk.helsinki.fi>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/06/1994 19:05:59
Hi, you all

    First: I am VERY novice with this kernel-stuff,
    so try to understand me .....

    I have been trying to compile kernel over week now.
    From pure sources, "supped" sources, with Jonathan Stone &
    Ted Lemon patches and without them.

    I do have instructions from Terry Friedrichsen and somebody
    other (don't recall the name now, but thank you both anyway)
    how i _should_ compile the kernel.

    I can compile kernel, but when ever i
    try to boot it it loads just

    -----------------------------------
    Ultrixboot ......

    Sizes:
    text = .....
    data = .....
    bbs = ......
    Starting at .....
    ------------------------------------

    After few seconds i am back in >>-prompt
    I seems (if i understand correct) that it does not even try
    to probe anything (or fails to probe console ???)

    I try this on PDS5000/25 without Display or Keyboard. Just terminal
    plugged to serial-port.

    So, how to get it to go some further ???

    Thank you in advance

--
Pasi.Pirhonen@helsinki.fi
http://www.lahti-poly.fi/~upi/