Subject: Re: another how to kind of question
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
From: Arnold Robbins <arnold@cc.gatech.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/01/1994 16:01:08

Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca> writes:
> err; I think you want to keep in mind that the system is not even
> self-hosting yet... ie: You're lucky it runs at all at this point.
>
> You want to learn to walk before you put your skates on to play hockey.

Whoo boy, don't I know that.  I guess the question is how stable is the
pmax port of netbsd?  I suspect that the machine independent parts are
pretty stable.  The time frame I'm looking at is over the next 4 - 8 weeks
or so.  My impression from having been on the list for a week or two is
that a lot of the little nit-picky things are holding the pmax kernel up, and
that getting a binary dist going is mostly a SMOP for lack of time.

If the people actively developing on the pmax want to say "gee this is really
a bad idea" I'd love to hear that, it'll save me wasting my time...

Thanks,

Arnold