Subject: System hangs with the disk light on
To: None <port-pmax@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Ted Spradley <tsprad@metronet.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/07/1994 00:20:57
Has anyone else seen this?  Quite a few times since I installed Jonathan
Stone's binaries, my DS3100 has just frozen up, with the LED on the disk
drive lit but nothing happening.  It's always when it's busy, lots of
activity on both disk and ethernet.  I think it's always been while
running the compiler, but that's probably because that's all I've done
that's made it so busy.

It's always been in single-user mode, too (I haven't successfully gotten
to run level 3 yet, but I haven't really tried).

If no one else has seen this I'll look for hardware bugs (questionable
cabling to second disk), if others have the same symptoms I'll look for
device driver bugs, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

--
Ted Spradley                tsprad@metronet.com             +1-214-484-5356
Brisco: "...the more I learn the less I know."