Subject: questions
To: None <port-pmax@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Szemethy Tivadar <tiv@vma.bme.hu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/18/1994 12:57:35
hello,

I'd like to ask some questions about the port and the Ultrix compatibility:
(If you answer it, you'll get a pretty FAQ what I couldn't find ;-)

1.	What are the legal conditions of NetBSD ? Is any licence required ?
What source it is based on ? What if I want to use/modify it at the university
/ at home ?

2.	Is it better than  Ultrix ? Does it support shared libs, dynamic
buffers etc. ? If I use my DecStation 3100 (12-16M mem) with these improvements
in memory handling, will I see significant improvement in performance ?

3.	When will it work ? How much work does it require to release a stable
version ? For me, the Ultix compat. stuff is vital: I'd like to try it, but
I still have to be able to use my $$$worth xxx software, which I've bought as
an Ultrix binary.

4.	Do you need contribution ? (Just for the question... actually I have
no time :-( ... But I'm a student and I'm interested in these kind of things
so this might change ;-)

Thank you,
tivadar
--