Subject: Trouble booting MAXine - anybody recognize this?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@ipd.wellsfargo.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/13/1994 22:04:39
My DECstation 5000/25 motherboard crapped out a few weeks back, so I had to
do a board swap.   The new board boots Ultrix fine, but hangs almost
immediately after it starts the NetBSD kernel.   It seems to be dying in
the vm_page bucket initialization code.   It looks like some sort of
memory smash, since the place where it dies changes as I add or remove
debugging printfs.   However, it seems quite willing to die even if I
do an splhigh() call around the area where it's dying, so it's not an
obvious interrupt-level memory smash.   I have to confess that I'm
just about completely baffled and frustrated.  If anybody has any ideas,
I'd really love to hear them.

Thanks.

				_MelloN_