Subject: Compiling NetBSD for a DECstation
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Yaser Doleh <doleh@alquds.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/07/1994 23:24:13
I just joined this list. I suped the latest source of NetBSD
and I am trying to ccompile it on a DECstation 3100
This is the result of my attempts so far

- The kernal was built with no problems. I did not try to boot it yet.
- lib/libc/arch/mips/infinity.c
  If somebody know what infinity.c should be for the mips, please
  let me know.

- CLK_TCK is defined to 100 in time.h and 60 in limit.h

- lib/libc/stdlib/strtod.c file does not compile.
  Exactly one of IEEE_8087, IEEE_MC68k, VAX, or IBM should be defined
  Which one ?

- gas could not assemble lib/libc/arch/mips/net/htonl.s
  and lib/libc/arch/mips/net/htons.s. I used the DEC as to do it.
  gas complained "Error: Unknown pseudo-op:  `.aent'"

- ntohl is defined twice, in htonl.s and ntohl.c
  ntohs is defined twice, in htons.s and ntohs.c

- I got the error message
building standard c library
tsort: cycle in data
tsort: rec_put.o
(A alot of .o files)

- I could not build gnu/lib. I will look at the problems more closly
  then send my findings.

This is it. I stopped at building gnu/lib

I am willing to give people accounts on the machine to finish the port.
I am also willing to put the binaries for FTP.

Very truly yours
Yaser Doleh
doleh@alquds.org