Subject: What are the most important native binaries?
To: None <port-pmax@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/01/1994 19:52:00
I've got a native-aout-format-producing gas, gnu ld,  binutils, and libc.a.

I've put together a "hello, world", and run it; and /sbin/umount.
(I never fixed  ultrix compatibility unmout(2)).

Left to myself I'd compile and link a kernel in a.out format;
and try disklabel and an netbsd bootblock. What exactly is the size
constraint Ted Lemon reported with 4.4BSD bootblocks?

And what's the most important after that? I'd go for netstat, ps, and
stty, and a shell, in that order: the Ultrix controlling-tty semantics
are different enough from NetBSD to confuse csh and tcsh horribly.

And If someone has the disk space I can make binaries available for
anonymous FTP when I get a useful set, if anyone's interested.

--Jonathan